From 16 years to infinity!
Swimming is a lifelong sport that provides exceptional benefits for the whole body and mind and it is never too late to learn. Our adult swimming lessons follow a developmental approach and are broadly grouped into two different ability levels - Beginners and Improvers.
- Cost €120
- Course length – 9 weeks, one 60 minute lesson per week
- Next enrolment date April 20th, from 6pm, on Eventbrite
- Next course date April 22nd 2024
Beginners is for you if you are a:
- First time swimmer with little or no experience of swimming
- Casual/occasional swimmer who is unfamiliar with correct technique
- Nervous/anxious adult who would like to overcome your fear of water
- The objective of Beginners is to help adults to become more comfortable in the water. They will learn to enter the water, breath control and self-buoyancy. As confidence builds, they will learn the correct body position, kicking, travelling through water and all the elementary strokes.
Improvers is for you if you:
- You feel competent out of your depth
- You can swim at least half a 25m length using the correct technique for Front Crawl and Backstroke
- You also have the fundamentals of Breaststroke
Improvers focuses on stroke development and with greater confidence in the water the strokes that are learned in the beginner's course are further developed. Adults are completely independent at this level, treading water and recovery to a swimming position is mastered and basic turns will be introduced.