Adult Swim Lesson
Our adult’s group swim lesson programme is delivered by dedicated swim teachers who have vast experience in teaching adults to swim – you are never ‘too old to learn’! We cater for swimmers of any age and all levels of ability. Whether you are a complete beginner who might be very nervous or the more advanced swimmer who wants to brush up on some techniques, you can benefit from joining one of our ten week adult programmes.
Adult Swim Lessons
Our next term of adult lessons begins November. In order to take part you must enrol via Eventbrite If you download our mobile app and subscribe to notifications you will receive instant alerts and updates on booking and enrolment. During term time, our Advanced Level programme takes place on Tuesday evenings at 9pm. Our Beginner and Improver Level programmes take place on Wednesdays at 10am or at 8pm. Adult Swim Lessons cost €100 for a nine week term. The next nine week term of adult lessons starts week commencing November 7th and enrolment is on Eventbrite at 6pm on Saturday November 5th.
Summer Swim Clinics
During the Summer we occasionally run short-term Summer Swim Clinics for Adult Beginners and Improvers.
We may also run a "Learn to Swim in a week" course, which is a short one week intensive swim course for adults who are either complete beginners with no swim skills or who are Improvers who have mastered the basics and now want to work on their techniques.
These courses/clinics are open to all, you do not need to be already attending adult lessons at The Watershed to take part and bookings can be made online via Eventbrite.
What level should you book into?
Below is a rough guide to the entry standard for each of the three levels that we teach. If you are still unsure which level is most suitable for you then come and talk to us and we will be more than happy to advise you.
Beginners is for you if you are a:
- First time swimmer with little or no experience of swimming
- Casual/occasional swimmer who is unfamiliar with correct technique
- Nervous/anxious adult who would like to overcome your fear of water
Improvers is for you if you are a:
- You feel competent out of your depth
- You can swim at least half a 25m length using the correct technique for Front Crawl and Backstroke
- Also have the fundamentals of Breaststroke
Advanced is you if you are are:
- Competently able to swim a minimum of one 25m length Front Crawl, Backstroke and Breaststroke
- Swimming for fitness or training for an event