Latest Update (COVID-19)
Sunday, May 10, 2020
We hope that you and your families are continuing to stay safe and well.
Following the announcement from the Government on Friday May 1st, we are happy now be in a position to plan for the re-opening of The Watershed, in accordance with the directives provided.
Below is a guide to what we anticipate the reopening of our facilities will be. Please bear in mind that counsel from the Government on the numbers and activities permitted is crucial at each phase, that we currently do not have much clarity on this area and that what is and is not permitted may evolve and change from what is outlined below, as each date approaches.
- Phase One 18th May - Athletics Track
Access may be given at specific booking times, to groups of no more than four people at any one time (including a coach/trainer) i.e. older adults, families, training groups, individuals etc
- Phase Two 8th June - All Weather Pitches and Grass Pitch
- Access may be given to groups/clubs for training in small/limited numbers
- Outdoor fitness classes with limited numbers may be permitted
- Phase Three 29th June - All Outdoor Facilities
- Access may be given for additional outdoor activities and training in larger group numbers
- Phase Four 20th July - Swimming Pool
- Access may be given to members, individuals, families, older adults, small training groups etc at specific times and in strictly limited numbers
- Child and Adult Swimming Lessons - currently unknown
- Health Suite Access - currently unknown
- Phase Five 10th August - Fitness Gym/Studio/Sports Hall
- Access may be given to the Fitness Gym in strictly limited numbers and at specific times
- Indoor fitness class timetable may resume with limited numbers in class
- Access may be given to the sports hall for group/club training
- Children’s Multi-activity Camp programme may return
- Birthday party bookings may be permitted
- Members will be updated via email and/or notification from our Mobile App and Facebook page
- Memberships will be extended by the length of time The Watershed is closed
- Please Note
- Booking in advance will be required in Phases One, Two and Three and possibly also in Phases Four and Five
- In Phases One, Two and Three only those participating in an activity will be permitted access i.e. no spectators
- Access to Changing rooms and Bathrooms may be restricted, further clarity is required
The Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation has this weekend published a National “Return to Work Safely Protocol” which clearly and comprehensively sets out the steps and processes that businesses must take in order to provide a safe workplace environment. This is a mandatory protocol and The Watershed will be fully compliant.
We cannot stress enough that our customer and staff safety is paramount. The measures we intend to adopt and implement to provide for this will be communicated to you in due course. Our Mobile App is a convenient tool for receiving information and updates and also gives access to a library of workouts that can be done in the comfort of your own home, until such time we reopen.
We are grateful for your patience, cooperation and understanding and will remain in close contact with you at each phase of the re-opening process. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at any time if you have any questions or queries.
Kind regards, The Management Team
Back to News